Updates & Revisions
Here you will find important updates and revisions to the articles and plans published in Woodsmith magazine.
- Campaign Chest
- Page 37: Cutting diagram
- Two corrections. 1. Parts (A) and (B) form a glued up panel, so you don't need to cut four blanks from the board and glue them together again. Only two are needed from each of the top two boards. 2. In the third board down, part letters C and D are transposed. The materials list is correct.
- Page 49: Source for case handle.
- The correct case handle shown on the Campaign Chest is the Colonial Chest Handle available from Lee Valley (06W02.01).
- Drop-Front Storage Center
- Page 17: Column heading in text
- The column head that reads "BACK PANELS" should read "FINISHING."
- Page 13: Materials & Supplies List
- Only one pair of drop-leaf hinges is needed, not two pair as indicated in the materials list.
- Page 15: Photo
- The hinges depicted in the photo are not the same ones cited in the Sources section. The photo depicts Horton Brasses part number H-505, 2 7/8" x 1 1/4". The part cited in Sources, H-500 (antique brass drop-leaf table hinges) will work for this project.
- Page 16: Instructions
- The last sentence of the final full paragraph (with the subheading "Make the Drawers") should be changed to read: Once these things are completed, you can glue and screw the case together.
- Shop Notebook
- Page 28: Photo
- The hinges depicted in the photo are not the same ones cited in the Sources section for the drop-front storage center. The photo depicts Horton Brasses part number H-505, 2 7/8" x 1 1/4". The part cited in Sources, H-500 (antique brass drop-leaf table hinges) will work for this project.
- Tips & Techniques
- Page 6: Exploded view, detail b
- The slot for the slider should be 1/2", not 7/16" as printed.
- Wide-Screen TV Cabinet
- Page 20: Main illustration
- The dimension for the location of the dado in each of the two parts 'D' (Vertical Partition) is missing. The top edge of the dado should be 12-3/4" from the top edge and the bottom edge of the dado should be located 7-3/4" from the bottom edge of the Vertical Partition.
- Page 27: Materials, Supplies & Cutting Diagram
- In the materials list, part KK (Back Panel) should be 1/4 ply. - 22 3/4 x 69 3/4. The measurements shown in the illustration on the same page are correct.
- Page 49: Source for self-closing hinges
- The Lee Valley part number is 00B15.24, not 00B15.34 as printed.
- Page 20: Illustration
- The case top (A) should be 69 1/4" long, not 69 3/4" as printed. (The cutting diagram is correct.)
- Page 22: Illustration detail B, front section view
- The measurement on the left side (piece N) should be 4", not 4 1/8" as printed.
- Page 27: Supplies List
- The supplies list in this project had two errors. The 6th and 7th items on the list read: • (16) #7 x 11/4" Pocket Hole Screws / • (6) #8 x 11/4" Fh Woodscrews. They should read: • (12) #8 x 11/4" Fh Woodscrews / • (6) #8 x 11/4" Ph Woodscrews.